About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 15, 2015

Ready, Set, Emboss: NSD Challenge 2015

Erika challenged us to emboss our next project, dry, heat, wax resist, etc or all of the above!  Check out her blog as she did some great projects and even posted link to some helpful videos!

I tried a new technique by painting my embossing folder with an acrylic "wash".  Just a fancy term for diluted paint.  I ran the paper through once to get most of the paint off because I was going for a subtle effect.  It's hard to see in the picture, but I think I achieved what I was going for.  Erika was handing out extra points for multiple embossing techniques AND using cricut cuts, so I also heat embossed my sentiment and made some borders using Paper Lace 2.   I also finished using up my teal and purple paper from my color challenge!  woot! woot!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!