About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 15, 2015

Leave You in Stitches: NSD Challenge 2015


Maria's challenge was to add some stitching, any kind of stitching (even fake!) to our projects. 

I happen to get along quite well with my sewing machine and love to add stitching to my cards and layouts, but for the layout I had in mind, gold embroidery thread was on the menu and so this required some delicate hand stitching.  Here I accented the corners of my shiny gold layout with shiny gold metallic back stitching.  I just love how this turned out.  And although David really should have been in the picture instead of me (that's HIS mother), I wanted us four generations of women.  Since my mother in-law in approaching 92, these opportunities for pictures may not last must longer.  This was Tacoah's First Holy Communion.

Be sure to stop by Maria's blog and she has a great project and some awesome tips on adding stitching to your projects.  Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite of all the art in this challenge. I really love that stitching, but the whole layout just has "something" that is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!