About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 5, 2014

~NSD 2014 - DID-I-MENSION II

The challenge here was to create something three dimensional with one of the many cartridges that have boxes, bags, etc..  Our challenge hostess Renee created some beautiful tabletop décor for Cinco de Mayo, which you can see here.  I had been thinking about making some decorations for Tacoah using Pinwheels and remembered there were some on one of the newer carts that I hadn't used yet.  So, I dug out my Home for the Holiday - Spring and Summer and created these bright and cheery Pinwheels!  I cut these at 4.5 inches and folded two of them in the reverse direction from the other 3 just to add a little interest.  I wrapped coordinating bakers twine around the vase and added coordinating stars cut from Craftoom Basics at 2" along with some acrylic beads.  I mounted the pinwheels to bamboo sticks that I had wrapped with washi tape.  I planted these into some fish tank gravel in the bottom of the vase and voila!  Really cool table top decoration!  I hope you'll try this three dimensional challenge and thanks for stopping by!




2 comments:

  1. I SOOO love your creation! Believe it or not, I have never tried to make a pinwheel. Thank you for participating and for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love Renee! And thanks for the challenge. It was fun!

      Delete

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!