About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

~Flower Power

This week's message board challenge is all about FLOWERS!  Flowers are easier than bling ;-)
I had two cards in mind and couldn't choose, so I did them both.  One is spring inspired, the other fall.

For the spring card,  I started with green and peach colors (hard to tell here).  I cut a frame from peach and overlayed it on a green dotted pattern paper and stamped the sentiment at the bottom.  The wheelbarrow was cut twice from two different shades of brown and inked to give it some depth.  It was cut at 1.8" from Walk in My Garden.  The flower were cut using deep green cardstock, the same peach as the frame and  a touch of yellow for the flower centers.  The flowers were also inked and the whole thing pop dotted over the frame.


For the fall card, I chose a simple sunflower from Stretch Your Imagination, cut at 4.5".  I chopped up some Raffia and hot glued it to the bottom of the card.  A simple stamp on a piece of washi tape layered under the flower completed this card.  I hand trimmed the raffia after the glue cooled.  The pattern paper background is from the new DCWV 6x6 Pumpkin Patch.  Love the papers in this pack!
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!