About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

~Pumpkin witch and purple hands

Let me start off by saying that Dylusions spray ink is neither water nor solvent soluable.  ;-(

Tacoah and I set out to make a witches hat for the outdoor plastic light up Pumpkin that I got her at Walmart.  The Cricut Design Team creates and makes available for free from time to time some pretty cool projects.  I downloaded this one last week that creates a witches hat using images from Baby Shower (cone) and Cricut Craft Room Basics (stars, hat buckle).

I had recently bought some Colorbok glitter paper (really glittery) and thought this might be the perfect time to use it.  There were other elements in the project (like a mask) that we really didn't need, so we just created the hat.  I wanted to use purple ribbon around the brim but didn't have anything wide enough to cover the base of the wires holding the starts, so I decided to use white tulle and dye it with purple spray ink.  This is where the purple hands come in.  Let's just say I should have used gloves.  But, it's slowly wearing off.  Oh, and I burnt my middle finger on my hot glue gun too. ;-(

The finished project (and my purple hands after 3 washings).  Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!