About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 10, 2013

~NSD Challenge - Did-I-Mention

NSD Challenge #5 is to create something dimensional.  There are many cartridges with 3 dimensional objects on them and Renee knows them all.  Since this is Teacher Appreciation week I decided to create a treat apple for my granddaughter's kindergarden teacher.  And I had JUST the perfect paper I was hoarding.  Love this Bazzil embossed paper.  I have several colors.  ;-)  For this project I used the bottom of the cupcake holder from Sweet Tooth Boxes cut at 9.5".  I cut one just a tad bit larger than that to use as the top.  I added some inking and assembled.  I added the strip of letter patterned paper around the apple.  The Phrase was cut from Phrases at 1.5".  The pencil from Recess at .44.   The leaves on top were hand cut from green Bazzil embossed as was the rolled stem.  A couple of twine bows completed the project.  Now, what to put inside???  And it will be late.  Of course.  Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. This is so darn clever!!!! I love it and I adore that you used a pencil-shaped tag with it!!! Precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your apple! I love the texture you created and the pencil you added. Thank you for joining in on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!