About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Tacoah's Treasure Box!

A month or so ago I had picked up 3 of these chipboard boxes at Ms fairly cheaply.  Don't remember exactly how much, but they were on sale and I think I had a 25% off everything coupon as well.  Needless to say, the first box was a disaster, so I tossed the lid and keep some odds and ends in the box.  The second one became Paulette's gift for Circle Mania and the third one has been eyeballed by my granddaughter Tacoah for the past several weeks.  Since she's away right now, I thought it would be cool to decorate the box and have it waiting for her in her room as a surprise when she returns.

I picked some lovely little papers from the MME cowboy ministack to cover the box and for the letters and turtle. (who knew a cowboy pack would be good for little girls???)   The letters were cut at .75 on my E1 from Pooh Font.  The turtle was cut at 1.5 from Create a Critter.  I inked them all with Ranger Bundled Sage.   Once attached, the letters were also shaded with a Faber Castell india ink pitt pen Chromium Green Opaque.  The turtle was attached with an Action Wobble.  A few Sew easy doodle stamps and a little pink acrylic paint were added for visual interest.

Tacoah likes to collect little odds and ends and she really wanted the box to stash her stuff.  I hope she likes the way Nana decorated it for her.  Thanks for stopping box.




2 comments:

  1. Darling box - and I'm sure Tacoah will treasure it as well as the little things she stores in it!

    Wonderful details and I love that your turtle has some giddy-up with her action wobble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! I can only imagine all the treasures it will hold. :)

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!