About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Little Scarecrow

I did not feel like cleaning or doing laundry today, so I went into my craft room and pondered what to play with.  I have a big stack of various size canvases that I got on sale at Michael's a few weeks ago and they were sitting there staring at me, so I decided to make a little Halloween canvas for one of my g'friends.

I used my Cricut and cut two pumpkins from Autumn Celebrations for the project.  One at 1.5 inches and the other at 2 inches.  The layers were then painted in 2 different colors of acrylic orange paint and the stems/leaves were colored using Faber Castell india ink pens.  I also added some Glossy Accents to the pumpkins.  Mr. Scarecrow and his little buddy Crow were both handcut.  They were inspired by several non-paper projects that I found on the internet.  The crow was painted with a mixture of black paint and tar gel to give him some shine.

The canvas is 5 x 7 and I used several colors of acrylic paint in the background.  Orange, Lime Green, Perfect Purple and Turners Yellow over scraps of Fall MME pattern paper.   Rub ons and a little metal butterfly in the corner complete the project.  This was a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon and I sure hope my g'friend likes this.  Thanks for stopping by!





6 comments:

  1. Francine -

    You are so terrifically talented! I love your scarecrow and crow and all of the great details you put into this wonderful canvas.

    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My! My! My! Wow! Wow! Wow! Seriously, that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you used paint to give the cuts interest. The layers and and texture are fantastic. I love the composition and even the letters are perfectly placed. Fantastic art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is super fun and the whole project looks great. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! That scarecrow is just too cute. You picked the perfect papers to match for your canvas. Love how it all pulled together.

    BTW, I am following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful work of art! I love the scarecrow!!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!