About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 14, 2015

~PopUp Challenge at thedailymarker.com

It's all about the lines.  Over at the Daily Marker, Kathy is hosting a 4 day series of PopUp Challenges beginning today!  This first challenge is all about the lines.  Straight lines, curved lines, doodles lines.  You get the idea.  I used my zig watercolor markers to make this card.  The colors I chose were based on the color of the embossing powder I used on the sentiment (purple).  So I used Lilac, Sugared Almond Pink, Shadow Mauve & Cool Gray 1.  I also used a clear Wink of Stella marker and threw a couple of sequins on there as well.  I began by stamping & embossing my sentiment.  I knew that I wanted alternating widths for my lines so I worked those around the sentiment.  And then it just needed something else, so I added the arrows.  Then it was just a matter of coloring the blocks.  After that was completed, I went over my pencil lines with a purple pen.  I mounted it to pink cardstock and threw some popcorn around it.  That's for the extra goody bag part of the challenge. :-)  Good thing I had some here!

Thanks for stopping by and you can check out tons of loveliness by searching instagram #TheDailyMarkerPopUpChallenge.  There are some reallllyyyy talented doodling type people out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!