About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 17, 2014

~Mt. Surabachi

Children are wonderfully imaginative little creatures.  ;-)
My granddaughter took a leftover long roll from Christmas wrapping paper and hand drew a flag and made herself a flag pole just after Christmas.  It sat on top of her toy box for weeks and every time I walked by I wondered just why she had created it.  I always forgot to ask her every time I saw her though.  I got my answer when we had a HUGE snow storm on the day before Valentine's Day.

Apparently (unknown to me) her great grandmother has a statue of the Marines raising the flag on Mt. Surabachi and my granddaughter admires it each time she visits.

When her grandfather piled the snow sky high last week, she took that flag that had been sitting on her toy box for weeks and planted it atop her very own Mt. Surabachi!  Life imitates Art.

My Layout.

 
 
A couple of close ups.
 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!