About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

~Sympathy Card

A former coworker recently lost her husband to cancer.   She retired last year so that she could devote more time to caring for him.  I sent her a Mass Card, but wanted to create something a little more personal to let her know I was thinking of her.

This card was created with one of the Year 2 Circle Carts called Sophie.  This cartridge has such elegant cards on it, that it's really my "go to" cart for those extra special cards.  I cut the card base from a solid rose colored cardstock at 4.75" and inked the overlay leaves.  I then chose a blue and peach patterned paper for the card front.  These pieces were inked as well and pop dotted for extra dimension.  Finally, I had a package of different colored fabric rose buds and I made a pin from some little angels I've had in my stash for over a year.  I felt it appropriate and she looks so sweet there.  I lined the inside with cream card stock and stamped a Thinking of You sentiment and hand wrote a note to her.  I hope it provides her some comfort.  Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!