About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

~Daughter's Birthday

Time just keeps on trudging by even when you don't want it to.  Today my daughter Michelle turns 34.  Her birthday's are really starting to make me feel old.  ;-)  I did have her when I was quite young, but still.....

She said to me last night, "I guess you haven't started working on my card yet.".   eeekkkk!  So now they EXPECT a handmade card.  January is always a busy month for me at work and I just recently finished Christmas cards AND a December Daily.  I hadn't had time to catch my breath and consider what I would do for her birthday card.

So I got adventurous and pulled down a cart I've not used yet and CHEATED.  Haha!  Not really, but Creative Cards gives you basic card that you can bling up and really make your own without having to think about measurements and welding stuff together, etc. 

I loved this color combination of purples and soft greens.  I cut the card at 6".   I embossed flourishes on the butterflies and popped them from the page.  I added machine stitching and inks.  On the inside, I glittered another butterfly and used my cuttlebug on some vellum.  I really like the way this turned out and it really WAS minimal effort.  Michelle loved it too and that's what really counts!

Now who will make MY birthday card in two weeks??????
Thanks for stopping by!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!