About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

~Feel Better Soon

One of my BFFs took a tumble a couple of weeks ago and I was so busy working on my kitchen at the time that I didn't have time to make a card until now.  She loves all things nature, so I thought this card (inspired by one in an old issue of Paper Creations) would cheer her up as her bruises heal.  The little bird was cut from Artiste at 1.5" in red polka dot, blue and yellow.  I hand cut the blue overlay and the yellow wing from those pieces and layered and stitched over the red polka dot.  The eye was hand drawn.  I machine stitched the branch and also stitched on the leaves created from Sophie at .5".  I inked the edges with dark green ink and crinkled them up a bit.  I added some trim from my stash which I threaded a burlap thread (left over from a wreath I made) through and tied a bow.  The papers came from 6x6 WRMK Anthologie & AC Celebrations.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Francine. Love the simplicity and the vivid colors used. I know your friend will appreciate the well wishes along with a hand made card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! All the details and love that went into the card are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!