About Me

I am wife to my wonderful husband, mother to two adult children and Nana to one special granddaughter. I also share my heart and my home with several furbabies. Being creative doesn't come easily to me, but I love to try.
Bella Blinkie with Border
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 23, 2012

~The winning Christmas card design~

Design #3 was the winner this year!  In laymen's terms, that means that it only took me THREE tries to come up with a Christmas card design that I really liked.  I added #1 and #2 to the end of the post just because, but I'll focus on the details for the WINNER!  LOL  I also need to clarify that SO far, I have not had to purchase anything except pop dots and adhesive to make these cards.  All bets are off if my husband continues to add people to the Christmas card list!

I started with a card blank of 4 x 5.5.  Just being lazy and I had a 25 count set with envelopes. 
I cut a base of 4 x 5.5 from kraft cardstock for the front of the card blank.  I layered three different pattern papers on top of that from the Ornamental Christmas stack from The Paper Studio.  The music paper was punched on one edge with a scallop and stamped in black with the sentiment.  After the pattern paper was added to the kraft, I stitched around the outside edge with off-white thread and distressed the edges with my fingernails.

Baby Jesus was cut from A Quilted Christmas at 2" using a combination of Recollection and Bazzill cardstock.  Some shading was added with Faber Castell green/gold.  Every layer on the card was inked with a coordinating color of TH Distress ink.  The inside of the card is stamped with a Merry Christmas sentiment in blue.  Thanks for stopping by!


And finally here are designs #1 and #2 that didn't make the cut.  Oh, they will be sent, just not mass produced. 



2 comments:

  1. It was a tough call, but I think you made a great choice! Hopefully your DH doesn't keep adding to the list though...unless he's trying to get himself put on THE LIST :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your Baby Jesus creation is wonderful.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each comment. Thank you for taking the time to leave me some love!